Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - V for Vendetta
As it turns out, already the last in the series! I do hope that those who actually got around to read these blogs maybe got some ideas for films they haven't seen, or maybe just remembered some films they haven't seen in a while. I love movies. They give me hope, strength, happiness, inspiration, ideas,... I like the films that are thought provoking, different, with a good twist. Of course, sometimes I just like a cheesy, Hollywood movie with a predictable story line and a feel-good happy ending. But it's finding those rare films that make you see the world a bit different that really keeps me watching new things. =)
As always, comments are much appreciated. Thoughts, ideas, memories, criticism, encouragement - everything's appreciated! ^_^
41. The Game – This film rather messed with my head when I was younger. A thriller that really keeps you guessing who to trust until the very end. Exciting, scary, and messed up – anything a good thriller promises to be! With this film, you’ll never see the end coming!
42. The Green Mile – Well, what to say about this one? Most people will have seen it, or at least heard of it. The story of Tom Hanks, who’s prison warden on death row – or ‘the green mile’. If you haven’t seen it, just let me warn you, you’re likely to scream at the screen for justice! A heartbreaking film that’s definitely worth a watch!
43. The Last Song – First of all, DO NOT JUDGE! Yes, this movie stars Miley Cyrus. But I promise you, that doesn’t mean anything! The movie is amazing, the story line is hauntingly beautiful, and Miley Cyrus actually does a really great job in this movie. If you remember what it feels like to be a teen, this one’s for you.
44. The Notebook – There’s no way around having this film on the list. A very ‘typically American’ (as I would call it) story about a man and a woman from two different social classes falling in love and being pulled apart by outer circumstances. The story is told by an old man to an old woman, but who is the man? Find out in this beautiful, heart wrenching love story. =)
45. The Shawshank Redemption – A film that should be on the DVD shelf of anyone who knows their movies! A man goes to prison for murdering his wife and her lover, yet he claims he didn’t do it. Watch Tim Robbins as he makes sure he keeps the one things they can’t take from him in prison – his hope! A great, inspiring drama that will leave you feeling all sorts of emotions!
46. The Truman Show – A social statement if there ever was one! If you haven’t heard about it already, this film portrays a TV show that follows the everyday life of Truman, a man who was adopted by a TV channel as a baby and put into a Big Brother style world where nothing is what it seems. While he thinks he’s simply living his life, his entire world is full of actors and fake TV sets.
47. The Usual Suspects – This film you should have seen, and if you haven’t, you need to! A great action thriller that will keep you guessing until the very end. I definitely didn’t see it coming. Again, don’t ask anyone about it or they’ll ruin it! Just go watch it!
48. The Village – Another one of M. Night Shyamalan brain children. Of course, there’s a twist at the end! What I liked about this one (SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT) is that it doesn’t end up being supernatural powers that are at work. It actually makes sense! (As opposed to that STUPID film called The Forgotten which sounded like it was going to be a clever thriller and turned out to have Aliens experimenting on humankind... yes, spoiler alert, but don’t worry. You did NOT want to watch that movie anyway. As you can probably tell, I’m still not over having wasted my time to watch it!) – Anyway, yes, great film, albeit rather scary so not for the faint hearted.
49. Unbreakable – As the above, another M. Night Shyamalan production, so of course equally as thought provoking with another twist at the end! Great film that asks the question, what would happen if you were genuinely ‘unbreakable’. Are you ready for the truth? Then find it out by watching the film! =D
50. V for Vendetta – I absolutely love this movie. Thought provoking, inspiring, and daring, this film deals with what could happen if the government controlled a country through fear. And how the country’s citizens have much more power then they think. If you’re one for conspiracy theories, you’ll love this as much as I do! =)
Hope you enjoyed my list and as I said, maybe more will follow. We'll see! =)
In : Movies
blog comments powered by Disqus